Tour Summary: 2.5 hour Whale Watching Excursion with free snacks, guaranteed whale sightings (or come again!), an on-board marine life naturalist, and underwater hydrophones so you can also hear the whales sing.
- Sightings are guaranteed or come again for free!
- Listen to the whale songs through the sound system on the boat.
- On board marine-life naturalist.
Important: Available only during whale season, from December through March
|(excluding booking fee)||$98||$78||free|
Tour Provider: Body Glove
Tour start time: 1 pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Departure from: Kailua Kona
Pick-up available? No
Included: Complimentary snacks, sodas, juices, tea, and coffee. Cocktails available for purchase
Cancellations: Parties of nine or less will receive full refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Parties of ten or more require 72 hours notice of cancellation for a full refund. Full refunds will be given in case of operator cancellation.
Read more: about whale watching on the Love Big Island website in our whale watching guide.
To ensure the safety of their guests and crew, Body Glove is making the following adjustments to their tours:
- Reduce the capacity of their tours by 50%
- All snorkel gear, flotation toys, noodles, jackets, etc. are washed, scrubbed and soaked in PureGreen24, a registered product on the EPA list which kills Coronavirus, MRSA, Norovirus and more. PureGreen24 disinfectant retains a 24-hour residual effectiveness.
- Disinfecting of ALL touchable surfaces; vessel railings, counter tops, restrooms, handles, table tops, etc. with Oxivir ?TB – Hospital Grade Disinfectant Cleaner, which kills coronavirus in 1-minute.
- The self-serve buffet is now staffed by an an assigned crew member who will be serving you from the buffet. Communal foods, such as condiments, chips, etc. have been eliminated and replaced with individually packaged servings.
- Plexiglass Sneeze guard protectors are installed at the food and beverage stations and between seating areas, both on the lower and upper decks, the food & beverage bar, the check-in podium, and the newly remodeled retail store.
- For the comfort and safety of everyone on board, Body Glove requests that face coverings are worn. It’s Hawaii State Law for anyone going into a business and if you’re interfacing, whether a customer or employee, both sides have to wear a mask. Violations of these orders could result in a misdemeanor with fines of up to $5,000 and/or up to one year in prison. They have disposable masks available at no charge as well as some impressive ones for sale. Note: You don’t need to wear a mask while in the water, eating or drinking. (6/01/2020).
- All Body Glove employees, crew and wait staff are trained and have access to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed. PPE includes but is not limited to disposable gloves, eye and face protection, and masks.
COVID-19 disclaimer – mandatory for all guests
Furthermore, Body Glove is asking their guests to agree with the following disclaimer during the online booking process:
I certify that I am not displaying signs of COVID-19 and have not been in contact with an individual confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days. I acknowledge and accept that I will be subject to a non-contact temperature check. Guests with temperatures of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to board. Additionally, I agree to wear a nose and mouth covering while on the vessel except while eating, drinking or in the water.
One of the easiest and most spectacular ways to see the whales is to go on a boat tour. These tours allow you to get to see humpback whales from up-close.
Body Glove is a household name for whale watching tours on the Big Island. Their Whale Watching Excursion takes 2.5 hours and features an on-board marine life naturalist that can tell you all about the whales and their behavior. The catamaran also is equipped with underwater hydrophones that let you hear the whales sing. In addition to Humpback Whales, you may also see False Killer Whales, Pilot Whales, Manta Rays and Dolphins.
This excursion offers plenty of on-board shade and excellent photo opportunities. Snacks, fresh fruit, homemade hummus and pita chips, a pub mix, sodas, and juices are included. For an additional charge a full service premium bar is available.
Image credit for most images used on this page: Body Glove Cruises.
Body Glove Hawaii is certified by the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawai’i which means that their tours are eco-friendly, culturally educational, and as sustainable as possible.
The tours operate from Kona with the Kanoa II, a 65-ft catamaran. The Kanoa II is an award winning, multi-million dollar vessel that offers plenty of shade (very important with our strong sun!), cushioned seating, flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment, and a full-service premium bar. The Kanoa II is further equipped with:
- Three restrooms
- Two fresh water showers (not in use during the Whale Watching Cruise)
- A 20-foot water slide (not in use during the Whale Watching Cruise)
- A 15-foot high dive platform (not in use during the Whale Watching Cruise)
- Two large double swim platforms?(not in use during the Whale Watching Cruise)
- Flotation toys for everyone (not in use during the Whale Watching Cruise)
The boat crew includes a U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain, First Mate, licensed bartender, and deck hands. All of the crew is trained in first aid and C.P.R. The cruises are wheelchair friendly and kids 5 and under are always FREE.
We are affiliate partners with Body Glove meaning that we receive a percentage for each successful booking made through our website. This happens without any additional charge to you! (read more on the use of those links on our website here).
By booking tours through our website you support LoveBigIsland.com and help us to provide you and future visitors with free and high quality information about the Big Island. Thanks, you guys are amazing!